Since 2015, the second Saturday in January has been designated as Vision Board Day and encourages us to set our goals in a visual way, so get out the sticky notes, markers, and inspiration and start plotting your goals for the new year!
What You’ll Need
Creating a vision board should be a personal and customizable activity, so there aren’t exactly any rules. That said, here are some basic supplies you might want to start with:
- A board for your base
- Something to secure items to your base – be it push pins, tape, etc.
- Images or objects that resonate with you and your goal
- Stickers, markers, or any other “extras”
- Get clear on your intention. Start by asking yourself, what do I want the year 2022 to bring me? It can be a physical thing like a house or a personality trait like positivity, etc.
- Beg arranging and rearranging your board with the images you gathered. Move things around until you feel inspired when you look at it.
- Find a place for it. Once you're pleased with the final product, find a place to put your board where it can provide daily inspiration.
To get the full benefit from your vision board, it’s important for you to place it somewhere you can see it every day. Creating a sacred space that displays what you want does bring it to life. What we focus on expands. When you create a vision board and place it in a space where you see it often, you essentially end up doing short visualization exercises throughout the day!
What are you manifesting for yourself in 2022? Let us know if the comments!